Double Roti opens its doors to Pune with a full bar and exciting array of unique cocktails.
#FriendsofTheBteam were invited to grace the event.
Double Roti is set to offer exquisite cocktails,feet tapping music and lip smacking food.
They recently unveiled its new avatar with the launch of it’s bar and scrumptious finger food menu. They are known for offering wide variety of “Awesomeness between Breads” – Sandwiches and burgers. They have also introduced an exquisite range of cocktails,some of which are inspired from the popular TV Series “Game of Thrones” like Wildfire,Winter is coming and Kings landing to name a few.
On the launch of its new bar,the restaurant also introduced delicious bar snacks,that will compliment the cocktails and other range of spirits,wine and beer offered. The new offerings has an exciting food menu which includes signature dishes such as Area 69 burger Illegal Burger and Double Trouble. They can accommodate upto 70 guests,the outlet also includes a live bar counter and foot tapping music making it an ideal bar and cafe that serves delicious meals at anytime of the day. The doors are open from 9 am – 11 pm on weekdays and on Friday and Saturday from 9 am- 1 am.
They’re also offering a 2 plus 1 on all drinks through the day and a special combo offer for lunch. Also being introduced is the ‘hottest burger contest’ with three sliders going from hot,hotter,hottest and anyone finishing all three in 5mins will be entitled to a meal for two at the restaurant. They will also be following a weekly calendar with engaging evenings like ladies nights,game nights and karaoke nights.
Their main motive is to offer a perfect meal to their guests for under Rs.500 including a drink as Pune has a high density of students and the vicinity has an even higher concentration of young professionals and students.
So a quick take on the food.
1. Tomato Basil Bruschetta – Toastd rubbed with cracked garlic and drizzled with oil and topped with chopped tomatoes and basil leaves and cheese was yummy. #Recommended.
2. Caramelized onions and feta Bruschetta – This one was a let down. Didn’t like the flavors of the caramelized onions.
3. Mushroom bites – Pop a cheesy mushroom canape into your mouth and rejoice! Mushroom marinated in spices and deep fried until golden brown and finished with spicy mayonnaise was amazing. #MustTry #HighlyRecommended.
4. Chicken Meat Balls – Chicken mince with paprika,worcestershire,onion powder,oregano,thyme and pepper had a tangy taste. Loved it. #HighlyRecommended.
5. Chicken Tikka – Chicken breasts marinated with lemon,ground cumin,cinnamon,pepper,minced ginger,salt,garlic,cloves,paprika and garnished with coriander. Nicely grilled chicken presented on satay sticks was piquant. #Recommended.
6. Cheeseling Bhel – Cheeseling served with a twist,with chopped tomatoes,onions,green chillies and chaat masala. Simple yet delicious. #Recommended.
7. Loaded Nachos – And the star of the evening,loaded nachos. Nachos spread evenly in a pan and topped with chopped tomatoes,onions,jalapenos,cilantro and finished with salsa and cheese sauce. #HighlyRecommended #MustTry #MyFavourite #Yummilicious.
1. La Sicilian Pizza – The pizza was a let down as the base sauce used was pesto sauce and the chicken topping,somehow these elements didn’t go well with each other.
1. Chipotle Chicken – Juicy,spicy,flavorful chicken burger served with melted cheese,lettuce and Chipotle mayonnaise. Simply wonderful.
2. Southern Spice – Another one with a chicken patty,mayonnaise and lettuce. A simple burger with mild flavors.
1. Double Trouble and Tiki Tiki Bun Bun – A treat for vegetarians as both of them are delicious. It becomes difficult to choose one. So i’d suggest to try both. Flavorful burgers!
1. Brownie with Ice Cream – Brownie dusted with castor sugar along with vanilla ice cream,was just the normal dessert which one can find at every other restaurant.
Cocktails and Mocktails
9 am – 11 pm (Sunday – Thursday)
9 am – 1 am (Friday and Saturday)
Rs.800 for two people (approx) with alcohol.
Rs.160 for a pint of beer (approx)
Address – Ground floor,shop 1,Lunkad Sky Max,Dutta Mandir Chowk,Viman Nagar,Pune.
Thanks to team Double Roti for inviting us and hosting us.
Picture Credits – Siddharth Gujar.